Botho University Blended & Distance Learning Campus (BDLC) students were recognised in a prestigious ceremony for their outstanding performance on the 29th of November 2022 by the Chinese Ambassador to Botswana, H.E. Wang Xuefeng.In attendance at the event were BU Senior Management and staff, Chinese Embassy representatives, BDLC students and families as well as members of the media.
The ceremony awarded the following top eight BDLC students:
1. Oaitse Gaonewe – MSc in Computer Systems Management
2. Taboka Ngwako – Master of Business Administration
3. Tyrone Ford – Master of Education in Higher Education
4. Onkemetse Strydom – Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Primary Education
5. Faith Bagwasi – BSc (Honours) in Computing
6. Lesego Mafala – BSc (Honours) in Computing
7. Koziba Selabe – BSc (Honours) in Network Security and Computer Forensics
8. Shanty Alex – Post Graduate Diploma in Higher Education
In his remarks, Chinese Ambassador to Botswana, H.E. Wang Xuefeng, lauded BU on its 25-year extraordinary journey, which makes it a talent incubator not only for Botswana but also for the entire Southern Africa region. He invited BU to set up the first “Luban Workshop” in Botswana. The vocational workshop is a platform for sharing China’s quality vocational education resources and providing job opportunities for young people “through train” scheme, enabling young people to work in Chinese companies in Botswana.