When and Where?
Date: 15 May – 18 May 2017 Venue: Gaborone-Francistown-Maseru
What is this about?
This course has been developed for professionals who wish to become trained and certified in XBRL, the global electronic business reporting standard. The XBRL Foundation Training Course gives you the knowledge and confidence to make the right decisions when implementing and using XBRL taxonomies and tools. Equipped with this essential XBRL knowledge, you will be able to perform at a higher level in your job and help improve the overall performance of your organization.
Why should you enroll?
The XBRL Foundation course is a 40-hour course covering the essentials of XBRL and exploring it from a balanced business/technical perspective.
The course prepares learners to successfully adopt and manage XBRL implementation projects—helping them to achieve their full potential.
Designed to be an engaging experience for learners, this course provides them with the knowledge and confidence needed to make the right decisions when using XBRL taxonomies and tools. The course follows proven methods to promote learning, breaking down complex concepts into easily comprehensible portions. Learners are introduced to a broad picture of XBRL and are shown how this reporting standard can be leveraged to improve business and financial reporting.
What are the topics covered?
- Evolution of XBRL and its advantages
- Exploring of XML
- Exploring of XBRL
- Exploring Taxonomies
- Building XBRL Taxonomies
- Report Generation/Implementation of XBRL Taxonomies in financial data exchange
What is the duration?
40 notional learning hours
Who should attend?
- All personnel involved in managing the processes and technologies for automating business information, including consultants brought on board, should be trained and certified in XBRL. The XBRL Foundation training provides benefits for:
- CFOs, Controllers, External Reporting Managers and Finance Staff members who have direct responsibility for implementing XBRL filing requirements
- Analysts and investors who want to streamline their professional work
- System architects, application designers and developers to facilitate solutions