ISO 9001:2008 QMS Auditor
When and Where?
Date: 03 Apr – 07 Apr 2017
What is this about?
The aim of the course is to provide delegates, who intend to perform QMS audits, with the knowledge and skills needed to asses and report on the conformance and the effective implementation of processes (quality management system), through an audit, and to contribute to the continual improvement of the quality management system. By the end of the course, delegates will be able to;
- Describe the responsibilities of a QMS auditor and describe the purpose of QMS auditing in the maintenance and improvement of management systems
- Describe with reference to the Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle and the Model of a Process-based Quality Management System, the purpose and structure of ISO 9001:2008.
- Plan, conduct and report a QMS audit as part of quality management systems in accordance with ISO 19011:2011.
Why should you enroll?
Major purpose of the course is to develop capacity for competent local ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System auditors to help organizations to adequately maintain and improve their systems, hence meet compliance requirements. It is evident in the local market, by high number of companies who fail to maintain their systems, leading to noncompliance and their certificates being revoked by certifying bodies. This is mainly because of a high lack of competent auditors needed to maintain the systems at different organizations.
What are the topics covered?
The program covers the following main areas;
- Concepts of quality management system
- What is an audit?
- The process-based quality audit
- Types of Audits
- Programming audits
- The auditor within the system
- Audit preparation
- Performance of the audit
- Arriving at audit judgments
- Reports, records, follow-up and corrective action
- Root Cause Analysis
What is the duration?
This is a 5 - day course
Who should attend?
- Individuals assigned the responsibility to implement quality management systems in their organization
- Individuals who need to understand the benefits of quality management for their organization
- Those interested in or starting a career in quality management
- Chief executive officers (CEOs) / managing directors / business unit leaders / departmental heads
- Management representatives appointed in terms of the standard - clause 5.5.2
- Departmental quality representatives
- Individuals identified by management for further development
- Production staff, supervisors, managers, executive management – any person who can be a custodian or help in the maintenance and improvement of the system.